July 25, 2011

honey, be good


every time I go home, I like to help my mom tend to her beehives.  I grew up with bees, and I'm a little bit weird: I think bees are adorable.  they're like these cute, fuzzy, miniature cats that go around grumbling all the time.  


I've been stung a few times, but supposedly getting stung is good for your circulation.  every time a bee stings you it dies, because the stinger is connected to its organs.  a bee essentially commits suicide in order to sting you.  bees are loyal creatures.

I stole my boyfriend's jeans/belt to help my mom:




if you ever go to the ferry building in san francisco, stop by the honey stand and ask for a sample of capay valley honey.  it's my mom's honey!

my friend: you make honey, huh? that's pretty cool.
me: well, I don't make it.  the bees make it.
my friend: oh. you just supervise.

14 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, bees scare the crap out of me! Although they are cute...I'd just prefer not to go near them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEES are my mortal enemy! I have been scared of theme ver since I can remember. I like little cartoon honey-bees, but that's as close as i'll get. :)

    Samantha
    http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! i think bees are inspiring, if not adorable. but you are certainly adorable in your bee-keeping garb. i'd love to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. come home with me! my mom would love another pair of hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post! I love the quote at the end.

    www.onechicdame.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for your comment on my blog, you're the sweetest ! :)

    anyway I love honey so much and how could you be so brave with those bees!

    http://parfaitmemoire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how wonderful is that! I would love to try some natural, fresh [not from store shelfs] honey. Your mom is great lady and it's so calming to have that king of hobby..isn't it?..I think so. And kind a beautiful and very yummy too :)

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think bees are cute, but then again, I've only been stung once...

    http://blushandzero.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just seeing these pictures makes me shudder!! I have never been stung before, so that way I see it, I could very well be allergic, blow up like a balloon and then die a horrible, bee-filled death. So in other words, I'll let you do the honey supervising and just enjoy it on my toast. ... :D

    http://jazzandcocktails.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's a beautiful "show" but it's quite impressive too, I think I would be scared !

    www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning. I'm scared of wasps (I was stung once in bed) but not bees. They're cute. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha bee supervisor! I like that. This is really cool! I think bees are pretty fascinating, but I still get scared when one comes near me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like you're blog its completely unique!

    http://insidethebelljar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete