July 12, 2011

a little horse


dress: free people
boots: minnetonka moccasins

on friday I went to the gun range with my boyfriend and his dad.  the range is high up in the mountains, on the ridge between santa cruz and san jose.  
shooting a gun is kind of amazing.  on one hand it's terrifying - one slip-up and someone could be killed or seriously injured.  it's also exhilarating, and it's easy to close your eyes and imagine yourself as a gunslinger in the old west, fighting native americans and defending your territory.  is that offensive?  sorry.  here, I wore some native american boots to make up for it:


minnetonka moccasins are made in minnesota, which is not native american territory.  I'm pretty sure these are not the real deal.

the best part of the gun range was the fact that the ground is covered in all these ancient bullets.  they're like footprints of people who have come and gone.  I grabbed a handful of them and I'm going to try to make a necklace.

the best part of the day was when sven's dad was talking to his friend in swedish and I understood something they said.  I know a maximum of ten words, so this was very exciting.  what he said was "en liten häst," which means "a little horse."  don't ask me why they were talking about little horses, or why that phrase comprises 30% of my swedish vocabulary.


en häst: a horse
en liten häst: a little horse
en dalahäst: a dalahäst

sorry for the crap quality, some day I will stop procrastinating and hook up my scanner.



happy tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. I love your boots!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit - the dress is darling and the boots are awesome! Love the photo location, very creatiive :) thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments.

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your boots!! and you're right, shooting a gun is exhilarating and also very scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit - and love that you went to the gun range in a dress. I am pretty sure that your boots are the real deal - we actually do have a lot of Natives and reservations in Minnesota.
    Much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute boots. Gun shooting sounds fun.:)

    Thx for visting my blog. Am following you now.

    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome bots!

    http://therebellioussaint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Swedish illustrations continue to crack me up. Love the boots with the dress!

    lefthandedstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is so fun! I am following! want to follow me back?

    www.oceanbaby86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! i loved your comment on my blog! i speak Finnish but blogging also in english :) your shoes rocks! :D

    xox

    akissfromthepast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boots= Looove(: They look great when you have the laces loose!

    http://www.aspoonfulofchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete