July 17, 2011

mexican castles


I got a second job a few weeks ago. yesterday I learned that I've been calling my new manager laura, and her name is actually erin. the weird thing is that she responds to laura thirty percent of the time.

yesterday stacy and I got to go on an adventure.  there's this abandoned building a few blocks up from the beach.  I have no idea what it used to be - the architecture looks like if dr. seuss designed a church.  the walls are covered in shiny pieces of abalone, and there's a random pyramid in the middle of the lawn. it's surrounded by suburbs and little houses.



I painted my nails in honor of bastille day. I'm so pretentious I scare myself sometimes.



somehow my pant zippers break really easily.  last year almost every pair of pants I owned had a broken zipper, and I kind of got used to it.  I left the zipper on my shorts open because I kind of like the look - is that weird? it's not like you can see anything.

shirt: ralph lauren
mexican vest: thrifted
boots: urban outfitters
shorts: no boundaries
(which is kind of funny)













I stole my mom's virgin de la guadalupe earrings. they're recycled soda bottle caps with miniature paintings on the inside.  I get compliments from the strangest people when I wear them - last time I wore them I got stopped in safeway by this guy who had six different virgin mary tattoos. 


20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your manicure! :)

    Thak you for your comment!
    Kisses!

    New post on my blog!
    ♥ Dressy Celeb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol re your zippers. I have wardrobe malfunctions all the time!


    With lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    still living vicariously through pretty things at www.amuseabout.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be afraid of shorts/pants falling down with the zipper undone!

    What kind of polaroid is that? I think I have one that's exactly the same, if not really similar. It's enormously difficult to get working properly but shoots B&W and leaves me feeling pretty giddy when I get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what a beautiful camera!

    and i love your earrings, they're so special and one of a kind:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very chic look. i love the vest and the boots!

    Funny thing, many people call me Patricia when my real name is Patience!

    http://justpatience.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Bastille Day! Great nails. :)

    Samantha
    http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the lighting in the first picture - cannot believe you left your zipper like that all day its too funny and actually looks quite cool - i do that at the beach but never thought to in another way. and i loooveee your vest - great look xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so lovely! I especially like the first one. Your vest is also really great. Sounds like a pretty eventful day!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I love your hairstyle and your outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm from Holland and you?

    Love the outfit anyways, the camera on the second pic is awesome for sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. outfit, perfect. location, perfect. nails, OUT OF THIS WORLD! im hope you liked the closet post! you should do one too! theyre my favorite kind of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos r so interesting n artistically shot!
    the mexican vest n ur earrings r cute:)
    thnx for visiting my blog!

    Love frm Sydney,
    http://klassystylefiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hairstyle is great and your outfit is very nice and chic.
    Lovely pictures, very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun adventure, love the location! The waist coat is amazing! :) now following xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's so random with your manager's name!
    this looked like such a interesting and fun adventure....i miss exploring and going on adventures...i need to embark on one soon...
    soo diggin the outfit...i love the vest and how it compliments everything else :)

    feastfashionfaves.blogspot.com
    facebook.com/feastfashionfaves

    <3FFF

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your comment. And yes, Montauk is all the way on the tip of Long Island.

    P.S. Not weird at all that you walk around with your pants unbuttoned. I used to do the same thing.


    http://lcbdesignsny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the vest! looks good! Hilarious about using the wrong name too! Just keep calling her Laura to see what happens!
    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. great photos love the vest!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your littl emexican jacket! I reallly want a coat in that design

    http://blushandzero.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. the vest and the camera are adorable!

    ReplyDelete