July 26, 2011

rex mottram



polo shirt: ralph lauren
shirt: boyfriend's
shorts: f21

"brideshead revisited" is one of my favorite books. it was made into a movie a few years back, and my favorite character is a whippersnapper canadian named rex mottram.  the book is about a puritanical family who lives at this sprawling mansion in the heart of nowhere, british countryside. ever since my parents moved to a spacious house in the california wasteland, I've found myself daydreaming about my favorite books in similar situations/settings.




the little rusted sign says "$50 reward" but I couldn't read the rest.  this is an abandoned farm, if you can't tell by the overgrown machinery from the 1940s.  I love wild california.





8 comments:

  1. thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog...it really meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought the california wasteland was the san fernando valley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i just stop by and say your completely fabulous? love your glasses btw, i need some white frames. thanks for stopping by! :)

    love
    kat
    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are extra cute! You are rocking those cowboy boots!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    xoxo
    Kerri

    http://hollymuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, I love the nature and it looks such a beautiful place!

    www.juliphotodiary.com
    XX
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your boots! They're amazing :) great photos, too...
    -------
    http://margariii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your boots!
    xx
    Penelopi F.
    thedesertsvisionaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete