December 6, 2011

let's get restless


angela and I have the best adventures.  a week or so ago (okay it’s been a while but I had a minor catastrophe) we met up at union station in downtown l.a.  if you haven’t seen union station, please feel free to stalk stalk stalk.
union station is full of glass lights and square chairs and things generally full of art deco brilliance.  I felt like faye dunaway in chinatown.  tho to be fair, if I were going to dress up in 1940s gangster garb I would generally opt for jack nicholson and cut my nose. has everyone seen this? no? I just sound crazy?




nordstrom's sunglasses/ ella moss dress/ vintage stole/ steve madden shoes/ necklace from afghanistan/dooney&bourke bag/vintage tweed coat

I like things that aren’t quite perfect and a little bit blurry and maybe too hazy for some people.  I’m writing this on the latter end of a caffeine high, okay? my hands are shaking.  what you can’t see in these photos is that security was very friendly to us, and let us step into a restricted section of the station reserved for movie shoots to take pictures.  I don’t have those pictures; my camera died.  that was it.  the minor catastrophe.  in case you were wondering.
to see the rest of the pictures, visit angela’s blog here.

20 comments:

  1. I have a thing for old train stations like that (as opposed to your average Amtrak station - ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two have the greatest adventures. I super regret not meeting you two while I was there. I'll be back though! :)

    Sam
    http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos. The lighting is gorgeous and the environment extraordinary!

    Loulou Downtown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos...it's looks like a photoshoot!I love your dress and the bag;):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Photos! lovely outfit, love your bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Please take some time to check out my blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this a lot!!
    thanks for the comment :)
    THATGIRLKIP

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lighting in these photos is beautiful! You look great! I have those same Steve Madden flats in tan:) I just started following your blog:) Hope you stop back by 4scarlet.com and follow back XO

    real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
    4scarlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous outfit, you look beautiful


    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you very much for sweet comment :)
    I am in love with your style and blogging, would you like to follow each other?
    http://chillychickblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi jill

    thanks 4 dropping by at my blog.

    ive been browsing your blog, and i love what im seeng . very interesting blog. so cheers to your new follower:)

    love,
    sweetandspicytown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stories and the look. You gave me some ideas for my blog.

    http://www.atitelavoyacontar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The camera loves you baby!

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute look!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome outfit, these photos are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the setting for these shots and your outfit, how perfect! Beautiful photos :)

    http://easydoesitstyle.wordpress.com/
    Lifestyle + Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just reading Lulu and you mom's blog and she announced you as the winner of the Sachin and Babi winner (congratulations)! I was like I'm sure I know this gals pretty neat blog and I was right! Well done once again chick. Anyhoo love your chic outfit and the ambiance created in the images are amazing! : D

    C.ULT FRIDAY.

    ReplyDelete