October 10, 2013

architect


(American Apparel shirt dress; Eva Franco coat; Forever 21 leggings; Forever 21 boots)

When I was in college, there was a student who came to class dressed in the same thing, every single day.  Black pants, black wife beater, tennis shoes.  Every. Single. Day.  At first, it seemed like a joke: he was trying to stand out, get people to question his judgment.  It took me a while to catch on to the fact that he had consciously made the decision to eliminate everything else from his wardrobe.  

In an ideal world, I would be that student.  Whenever I go on a trip, I pack three or four outfits, just enough to stuff into a carryon bag.  I don't really mind wearing the same clothes several days in a row, especially if I'm going on adventures.  It's kind of a disappointment if I come home without stained, dirty clothing as evidence of all the crazy shenanigans I got into.

With that said, sartorial decisions can be a little bit more difficult on a daily basis.  And that's why, whenever I find something that really fits my style, I wear it religiously, until mice start camping out in the pockets, moths chew away at the fabric, and someone mistakes me for homeless.  

And there you have it!  When I found this Eva Franco coat, I instantly recognized that I would have to add it to my three day rotation.  I've had the American Apparel dress for a few years (I bought it in Palo Alto while I was unfortunately wearing an identical version in gray), but it was well made, and hasn't started to unravel.

For some reason the lighting is unbalanced in these photos, but I really like the way they look, and decided to try something a little bit different.  They're so much more interesting to me than the ones that are perfectly styled, and I hope you enjoy them.





No comments:

Post a Comment