November 13, 2013

burch don't kill my vibe

 (tory burch heels, essie nail polish)

I almost never wear high heels.  I'm clumsy and I have trouble walking in a straight line, unless my toes and heels are on the same elevation level.  I also have the tendency to climb things and run sporadically - and let's face it, I always take the short cut, even if that means walking through a construction site.

Fancy shoes don't survive for very long in my world.

Still, I love this pair of heels.  They look like something you would wear on safari.  I can picture sitting in the back of a topless jeep, scanning the horizon for ivory hunters and ravenous lions.  Of course I would wear high heels in that kind of situation - it's not like you can outrun a lion, anyhow.  What would Beryl Markham do?



12 comments:

  1. Those shoes are awesome! I see the safari and also get a fox hunting/equestrian vibe.

    I'd heard of Karen Blixen (<3 Babette's Feast) but not Beryl Markham. Love what Ernest Hemingway had to say about her so now I have West with the Night on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Karen Blixen, but Beryl Markham is my girl. West with the Night is one of the best books I've ever read - so dreamy and exotic. The way that she strings words and sentences together is so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okkkkay, those shoes are badass. love the peek of green neon nails, too!

    besides that, PREACH. i'm not the biggest fan of wearing heels (gimme boots and flats please), but if you're going to get eaten by a lion anyway – why not?

    love the way you write. i'll be following along!

    xo, lily on fillmore

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome!

    Come check my new post, I've received my new Balenciaga cut-out boots alternatives!
    Mafalda ❤
    www.mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great shoes, love it :) Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, mind to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute Tory Burch booties!

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete